The Nigerian Movie industry is filled up with so many actors and actresses, some are well known for various reasons, while some are not to “popular.”
Among these Nigerian actors, some have made a name for themself and exerts their dominance in the Industry.
Kate Henshaw Nuttal is one of the very best, when you are talking about the faces you see in the African movie, Kate’s face is one of those faces. In this article, we would be discussing Kate’s biography, her net worth, and who she is.
- Name: Kate Henshaw Nuttal
- Date of Birth: 19th July 1971
- State of origin: Calabar, River state
- Nationality: Nigeria
- Net worth: $1 million
Kate Henshaw is an award winner of various Nollywood categories; shes a star actress, a politician, a social advocate, and a fitness expert.
Kate was born on 19th July 1971, in Cross River, Calabar. She was born into a family of four children, and she is the first child of the family. After her primary and secondary education, she studied at the University Of Calabar (UNICAL), where she took an interest in the remedial course.
After she finished her remedial program in Calabar, she traveled to the Lagos, where she enrolled for the study of Microbiology at the school of Medical Lab Science “LUTH” (Lagos University Teaching Hospital).
She had first worked at the Bauchi State General Hospital as a Medical Laboratory Scientist and Special Attendant.
Roderick James Nuttal was once married to Kate, and their union brought forth a beautiful girl Gabriel Nuttal.
Career and Road to fame
In 1993, when Nollywood was called “Home Videos” Kate acted her first her lead role in a movie called” When the sunset” this was where her journey to stardom began, her role in the movie made her known in the industry, and brought film directors and producers to her doorstep.
It is estimated that, since 1993, Kate Henshaw had acted in over one hundred (100) movies, and she still in the business, making more films. Aside from entertainment, she also did education movies like Documentary for the Akwa Ibom State government, and also s tax advert for the Lagos State Government.
Kate took an interest in politics, so in the year 2015, she decided to pursue her dreams. Her goal was to represent her people.
“Calabar Municipal Odukpani Federal Constituency at the Federal House of Representative, Under the Peoples Democratic Party PDP,” but unfortunately, as we know, not all dreams come to reality, she lost in the primaries, but fate was not done with her.
In that same year, she was appointed by the Government of Cross River State –Benedict Ayade, as the Special Adviser, Liaison for Lagos state.
In her course of acting, she has acted in countless movies in likes of
- Do Good Series
- When the sun sets
- Above death: in god we trust
- A million tears
- My little Secrete
- Broken tears
- The Meeting
- Stronger than pain
- Show me, Heaven
- The Assassins practice
- A few good men
- Fighting for nothing
- Aremu the principal
- Iquo’s Journal
- 4th Republic
- Scars of womanhood
- Couples award
- The woman
- Chief Daddy
- Stage play: The wives
- The Ghost and the house of Truth
- New money, and a lot more
And like many other Nigerian actors, Kate Henshaw had won for quite a handful of award for herself which includes,
- THEMA Awards for her role in the movie –When the sunsets.
- Best Actress in a Leading Role in the Africa Movie Academy Award
- The face of Nollywood in the City People Movie Award
- Her role in Iquo’s Journal won her an award of Best Actress at ZAFAA
- Nominated for Late Ambassador Segun Olusola NBMA for Actress of the year
- City People Movie Special Recognition Award
- Nomination for the Best Actress of the Year in the Nigerian Entertainment Award
- BON Awards for Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Africa Movie Award Nomination for Best Actress in a Leading Role
Kate Henshaw has had the privilege to land herself some endorsement deals in her career, some of which includes
- An Endorsement deal with Blessings Perfume in the UK, as their Brand Ambassador
- An endorsement with the telecommunication company, Globacom Limited as a brand ambassador
- One of the companies she got their favor was the Onga Magi seasoning company, where she signed an endorsement deal and became their brand ambassador
- She was also a judge at Nigeria’s got a talent reality show.
- She signed an endorsement deal with Samsung Mobile Nigeria
- She was recently chosen as one of the international judges representing Nigeria at the New CBS Global talent show –The World’s Best
- Little Saint Orphanage is one of the oldest orphanage homes in Lagos is known, and Kate Henshaw is their Patron
- And lastly, she is an Ambassador for the Action Aid of Nigeria.
Kate Henshaw is currently one of the wealthiest Nigerian actresses, with an estimated wealth of about one million US dollars ($1 million).
Kate Henshaw is definitely one of the biggest Nigerian female stars in the industry, with lots of influence both socially and physically on the Nigerian populace.
Have anything to say about Kate Henshaw’s net worth, biography, or any other thing that has been discussed? Please leave a comment in the section below.
We hope you found this article helpful. Kindly leave a comment below.