Sidney Onoriode Esiri, or as he’s well known, “Dr. Sid.” He’s one of the trendy music icons in the country, his influence is well known in the country, and he is now a newbie in the music industry.
In this article, we would be looking at the rise of one of the greatest music icons, his net worth, and his Biography.
- Name: Onoriode Esiri Sidney
- Stage name: Dr. Sid
- Date of Birth: 1st May 1980
- State of Origin: Lagos State
- Nationality: Nigeria
- Net worth: $1 million to $5 million
Dr. Sid is a songwriter, a singer, a producer, a stage performer, a dentist, a recording artist, and a philanthropist. He was born on 1st May 1980 in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. He is a native of Urhobo in Delta State, Nigeria, though he grew up in Lagos State.
Dr. Sid was born into an entertainment Family, His mum is a fashion designer, and his dad was the Late Justus Esiri, who due to Kidney failure. Sidney or Dr. Sid is the second child of his family.
After he had completed his first Leaving School Certificate, he went to the Nigeria Air Force Secondary School Ikeja, where he obtained his West Africa Senior School Certificate.
Sid graduated from the University of Ibadan, where he graduated with a Bachelors’s Degree in Dental Surgery. The passion for showbiz had always been in him, as he had ever taken part in so many school plays, dance competitions, and countless concerts, where he had won various prizes.
His first record deal was signed in 1999, with Trybe Record Label, where he worked as a choreographer, dancer, and a backup singer. He was made a member of Da Trybe in 2002 and got his opportunity to shine in a song titled “OYA” alongside big shots like Sasha, 2-Shotz, and Timi.
He graduated in 2004, became a qualified dentist, and traveled to the UK, where he got to work with JJC, 419 squads, Felix Duke, and D’Banj.
A few years later, Dr. Sid came back to Nigeria, where he spent a year working in the Lagos State Teaching Hospital; before he went on to serve his country at Yola in Adamawa State, for his One Year National Service (NYSC). He had worked in various clinics and hospitals before he finally decided to go into music full time.
Dr. Sid spent a huge part of 2008 going on tour with the Mo’Hits crew, but in 2009, he did his studio album titled “Turning Point” the album had great music in it like Something about you girl, Over the Moon, winchi-winchi, Pop Something and others.
After three years of dental practice, he decided to quit his dental practice. He signed a music deal with the Mo Hit Records, owned by Don Jazzy.
There he had the opportunity to shine and joined in the recording of the All-Star Collective album “Curriculum Vitae” in 2007.
Facts About Dr. Sid
- He was born on 1st May 1980, in Ikeja, Lagos
- His father was the late veteran of Nollywood Justus Esiri
- He was signed to Trybe Records and joined Trybes Men as a backup singer in 1999
- He did a song with Sasha, 2-shortz and Trybs Men, titled “Oya” in 2002
- Sid graduated from the University of Ibadan and Became a qualified Dentist in the year 2004
- He quit dentistry for a career in music, in the year 2007
- He featured in 7 tracks in the tracks with the Mo’Hits Record label
- His first studio album was recorded under Mo’Hits and was produced by Don Jazzy
- His single “Over the Moon” was a hit, and it topped several music charts
- He starred in a movie titled “The Last 3 Digits” which won, which won the Peoples Film Festival Best International Film Award in France and Paris
- Won the Award for Soundcity Music Video Fresh
- Won the Nigeria Music Video Awards for Best Afro Hip Hop Video
- He won the Revelation of the Year at the Headies, 2011
- Was Nominated for Best RNB/Pop Album at the Headies, 2011
- Won the Award for Best Pop Single at the Headies, 2011
- Nomination for Song of the Year at the Headies, 2011
- Nomination for Album of the Year at the Headies, 2011
- Nomination for the Song of the year at the Headies, 2014
- Nomination for Best Collabo at the Headies, 2014
- Nomination for Best Pop Single at the Headies, 2014
- Nomination for Song of the year at the MTV Africa Music Awards
- Won the Award for the Best Collaboration at the City People Entertainment Awards
- Last 3 Digits, in the year 2014
- The Application in 2015
- Nigerian Trade in 2019
Currently, there isn’t a definite answer as to how much Dr. Sid is worth, though various websites put him at around $1 million to $5 million.
Dr. Sid is one of those musicians that you are sure of getting grand music from, anytime any day
Have anything to say about Dr. Sid worth, Biography, or any other thing that has been discussed?
Please leave a comment below.