Museums are places where you learn about different history even as far as the B.C. Calender. It tells stories of past generations that’s why it has become so special to every country, or state because it exhibits the culture of the land.
We are going to talk about some best museums in the world because indeed their craft is beyond our imagination. While taking pictures is not allowed in most museums you are allowed to take down notes.
1. Museo Del Prado Museum
Prado museum is located in Madrid, Spain. Prado which means green land or pastures tells alot about what to expect in this museum. The museum features art from the 12th century to the early 19th.
It was designed in the year 1962, it has the greatest and most amazing collection of Spanish painting but taking pictures are not allowed in the Prado museum.
Visiting hours from Monday to Saturday from 5 pm to 7 pm and on Sunday from 5 pm to 7 pm. But on November 19 and museum day all hours are free.
Here are some amazing artworks that one should not miss when visiting the Prado museum:
- David and Goliath by Caravaggio
- Adam and Eve the engraving was done by Albrecht Dürer.
- Christ crucified by Diego Velázquez.
- The garden of earthy delights by Hieronymus Bosch.
- The third of May 1808 by Francisco Goya.
- Las Hilanderas by Diego Velázquez
2. Kimbell Art Museum
KIMBELL art museum is located in fort worth, Texas. This museum holds various art, educational programs inclusive. It was founded in the year 1936 but it officially opened October 4,1972.
Opened by Kay and Velma Kimbell. Visitation to this museums are always free but one needs to get tickets in order to be allowed in.
Now here are some outstanding art work in the museum
- The torment of saint Anthony by Michelangelo.
- The cheat with the Ace of Clubs by George de la Tour.
- Venus at Vulcan’s forge by François Boucher.
- Vase of flower with a curtain by Jacob de Gheyn II.
- Landscape at le cannet Pierre Bonnard.
- The anger of Achilles by Jacques lousi David.
3. Vatican Museums
Vatican museum is located in Vatican City. It was founded in the year 1506. The museum was founded by Pope Julius II. It is popular for its mostly great and historical art display.
Once in a month which is every last Sunday from 9 am to 2 pm, visitors are allowed into the museum for free. There are 54 galleries in total at the Vatican museum.
Here are some art that makes the Vatican museum stand out:
- Apollo Belvedere by leochares
- The fire in the Borgo by Guilio Romano
- Stanza di Eliodoro by Raphael.
- Barberini Hera by Agoracritus.
- Sleeping Ariadne by Diego Velásquez.
- Charity with four children by Gian Lorenzo Bernini.
4. Louver Museum
The Louvre museum is located in Paris, France. It is one of the biggest and most visited buildings in Paris. It was built in the year August 10, 1793. Entrance into the louvre museum is free for anyone under 18 always but for under 26 on Friday evenings.
And on the first Sunday of every month from 6 pm and 9:45 pm and all day on Bastille Day which is 14, July.
Here are Louvre most famous artwork.
- Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci.
- Winged Victory of Samothrace by Nike.
- The raft of the Medusa by Thèodore Géricault.
- The wedding at Cana by Paolo Veronese.
- The virgin of the rock by Leonardo da Vinci
- The seated scribe by Auguste Mariette.
5. The Palace Museum
The palace museum is located in the forbidden city in Beijing, China. The palace was established in the year 1925. The museum is one of the most visited places in China and it occupies a great portion island.
The museum was established by Shan Jixiang. Free days in this museum are new years day, lantern festival, international museum day which is May 8, National day which is October 10, Taiwan culture day which is October 17.
Here are some great artwork displayed by this museum and they have a great history:
- The Qianlong Emperor in ceremonial armour on horseback by Giuseppe Castiglione.
- Ten magnificent landscape by Ren Xiong.
- Seal of the Emperor by Hu Zhengyan.
- Jade seal of the Chong Zhen.
- The Qianlong Emperor’s Three-connected seals.
- Seal of imperial sacrifice.
6. Van Gogh Museum
Van Gogh museum is located at Amsterdam, Netherland. It was established in the year June 2, 1973. This museum was mainly made for the work of Vincent Van Gogh.
It has over 1,300 pieces of his work. There is no fee to pay in visiting this museum but you still need you get your ticket in order to be let in.
There are most of Van Gogh museum artwork that has tourist visiting:
- The potato eaters.
- Almond blossoms
- Tree roots.
- The harvest.
- Bedroom in Arles.
All paintings listed were made by Vincent van Gogh.
7. State Hermitage Museum
The State Hermitage Museum is located in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It was established in the year 1764. It is the second biggest museum after the Louvre museum.
Its collection include more than three million art work. The free day of this museum is every third Thursday of the month. One is not allowed to take pictures.
Here are some artwork State Hermitage museum has:
- Dance by Henri Matisse.
- Punishment of a hunter by Paulus Potter.
- The Ford in the River by Jan Baptist Weenix.
- Peacock clock by James Cox.
- David and Uriah by Rembrandt.
- Flora by Rembrandt.
8. The British Museum
The British Museum is located at London, England. The museum was set up to display the history of humans featuring some great Egyptian paintings also.
It was established in the year 1753. One can enter the museum free every day from 10 am to 5 pm but on Friday it is open from 8:30 pm. It is closed on Jan 1st and December 24-26.
Now to some great artwork the museum has;
- Study for Adam by Michelangelo.
- Albion rose by Willian Blake.
- The river from Monte Mario by Claude Lorrain.
- The grand Manoeuvre! Or the Rogues March of the Island of Elba by George Cruikshank.
- Refugee by Ipek Duben.
- Dancers practising at the Barre by Edgar Degas.
9. The Metropolitan Museum of Art
The metropolitan museum of art is located in New York City, New York. Know as the biggest museum in the United State. It was established on April 13, 1870. The museum is only free for members, children under the age of 12 and patrons.
These are some of the arts to expect when visiting the museum:
- The portait of Juan de Pareja painting by Diego Velázquez.
- The death of Socrates painting by Jacques lousi David.
- The harvesters painting by pieter bruegel the elder.
- The dancing class Painting by Edgar Degas.
- The musicians a painting but Caravaggio
- Manuel Osorio Manrique de Zúñiga painting by Francisco Goya.
These are some of the best museums in the world and there are many more, as we are never tired of understanding the history of how these artworks are formed.
Every art has a story and that’s why the museum is one special place when one is wanting to get answers to these questions on history even from generation to generations.
We hope this brief article on these museums also gives your great insight into why they stand out.