Sandalwood powder has been used for a long time for skin problems. Regular use of this powder can combat bacteria causing acne, exfoliation of the skin, soothe sunburn, remove suntan, and reduce ageing signs.
When you have an acne outbreak, mix a squash of milk, sandalwood, and a pinch of turmeric powder and then apply to the area, leaving it for thirty minutes before washing it off. Are you being disturbed by acne or dry skin?
Rather than opting for commercial beauty products, sandalwood powder, commonly used in Ayurveda, is a holistic way of treating skin conditions. It can treat skin rashes, blemishes, acne, and several other issues due to its multiple health and beauty benefits.
Here are the advantages of sandalwood powder:
Blemish and warts removal
Pimples, acne, rashes, or injuries may leave marks on the skin that can be permanent sometimes. The stubborn blemishes and spots are known to be removed by applying sandalwood, which may also be useful in removing warts, especially genital warts caused by the HPV virus.
- Mix a tablespoon of turmeric, one tablespoon of sandalwood powder, a small camper tablet, and one teaspoon of milk in a paste.
- Massage it gently and leave it overnight on the affected area
- Wash with cold water the next morning.
Doing this will help to prevent defects and warts by soothing the skin
Prevention and treatment for pimples
When sebum and oil are formed in excess on the skin, impurities, dirt, and germs block the skin’s pores. It draws the sebum and the oil beneath the skin, creating bumps.
The antibacterial properties of sandalwood will help the skin battle acne, making your skin look smooth.
Treatment for pimples
- Mix the following in a paste: one tablespoon of sandalwood powder, one teaspoon of milk, and a pinch of turmeric powder
- Place the paste on your skin for 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water
Sandalwood and turmeric’s medicinal properties will cure the areas concerned and make the skin shiny.
Treatment for acne
- Apply one tablespoon of sandalwood powder together with one tea cubit of milk face mask
- After twenty minutes, wash it with cold water
- Then dab your skin carefully with rosé water-dipped with cotton wool
Sandalwood powder helps with the removal of sunburn and lessen sunburn. Applying the powder on the irritated, sunburnt skin will help since it has a calming effect.
- Mix in a paste one tablespoon of powdered sandalwood and one teaspoon of milk or honey
- Apply onto the affected area of the skin
- Leave it for about 30 minutes and then wash it with cold water
Applying the sandalwood three days a week eliminates sunburn and balances the skin tone.
Reduce wrinkles and sign of ageing
Sun, dust, and pollution exposure can cause skin ageing to be premature. Washing the face regularly to prevent dirt and grime doesn’t help because essential oil is lost as a result of constant washing.
This causes certain skin conditions that include sagging, wrinkles, dryness of the skin, and more that make the skin look older.
Sandalwood powder is a safe way of minimizing ageing symptoms because it decreases the harm caused by free radicals.
- Blend one full tablespoon of honey, two sandalwood powder tablespoons, and one drop of egg yolk in the dough
- Apply it to your face
- Wash with cold water after 1 hour
Make use of this technique daily to increase the elasticity of the skin and avoid skin tightening.
Enhances skin beauty
Rather than using chemical-filled creams that claim to provide “Instant radiance,” opt for sandalwood powder. The use of sandalwood powder frequently enhances the skin’s glow and clarity.
- Mix a pinch of turmeric, one teaspoon of milk, and one tablespoon of powdered sandalwood.
- Apply it to your neck and face.
- Wash it for flawless skin after 30 minutes with cold water.
Treating dry skin
Dry and flaky skin can contribute to irritation as well as itching. Sandalwood oils can help treat skin difficulties and make the skin soft and moisturized.
- Put the sandalwood paste on two times a week for 30 minutes
- Rinse with cold water after application
- Softly pat the skin dry
Exfoliation of skin
Exfoliation is necessary for healthy skin and must be done using natural products for successful outcomes. Sandalwood powder is among the best ingredients for skin exfoliation when combined with chickpea powder.
- Combine in a paste one tablespoon of sandalwood powder, one tablespoon of black chickpea powder, and rose water or milk.
- Massage this paste gently in a circular movement around your forehead
- Leave the paste to dry for 30 minutes
- Use Cold water to wash your face
Sandalwood powder will make your skin look and feel younger for years. Make sure you buy an original sandalwood powder from a licensed trader. This is because cheap, adulterated imitations are often flooded on the market as a result of the high demand for sandalwood powder.